2017 News is mostly depressing - or FAKE - so there will not be much to report.
The Roughrydergolf Group had another great trip to Frane with Brittany Ferries in June.
This time based in Caen we played Clecy, Garcelles & Cabourg.
2015 & 2016 - Searching for the News !!
ROUGHRYDER GOLF TROPHY 2014
The trip to St Mellion was excellent . Accommodation and hospitality was very good (although drinks were expensive)!!
The golf was superb. 2 excellent courses with the Nicklaus Signature course being VERY tough.
The winner was PHIL who pipped James on countback..
SEPTEMBER 2014 - UNBELIEVABLE GOLF
On 3rd September I played at The Kendleshire Golf Club -http://theKendleshire.com
I had an incredible 9 holes of golf - followed by a (predictable?) last nine.
It is the only time in over 20 years golf that I have played to the par of any course. In fact I was 3 under for the front 9.
See the scorecard for confirmation :
JUNE 2014 - D DAY 70TH ANNIVERSARY REMEMBRANCE TRIP:
8 committed golfers were persuaded by Terry M to undertake to support the Normandy Veterans at this event.
From 5th - 8th June Terry ; Paul ; John ; Peter ; Chris ; Phil ; Alan D & Alan R sailed to Caen via Brittany Ferries and played 2 rounds of golf on 2 excellent and tough courses.
We stayed at the Hotel Golf de Barriere in Deauville which is a fantastic venue :
There was harsh banter and a lot of comedy - especially on the golf courses - now I have the opportunity to respond -
Two Englishmen Abroad: Getting Ready:
Apres Golf: What a difference a year makes:
The courses we played were :
Pass on your golfing knowledge and expertise.
- Don't stand too close to the golf ball: ..... after you have hit it !!
- Always remember to use your most potent weapon on every hole.....................your brain !!!
- Use bio-degradable tee pegs. No need to buy them - just search for broken wooden ones and sharpen them with a pencil sharpener !!
- When it is wet do not lean on your golf club when you place your tee, mark your ball on the green or retrieve your ball from the hole. You can easily come a cropper as your club slips on the wet grass!!
- Also when it is wet and you need to take 2 clubs to your next shot (eg wedge & putter) then use your pitch marker or a tee to rest the spare club on to prevent the grip getting wet.